STM employee reaches out to Reddit for UX feedback

I was casually browsing Reddit today when I bumped into this post in r/embedded:

the account is new (their first post), and the post says brand affiliate which should mean the post is authentic. Regardless of that, I truly believe STM is going in the right direction. Embedded developers should expect more (i.e. more boiler plate such as automated testing, rtos integration, linting, etc) from manufacturers, and IMO STM should start supporting other languages than C/C++ too, i.e. rust or swift (maybe on select MCU only initially).
I am convinced whoever adds rust or swift support will have a significant market advantage, especially if we consider the pressure that major organizations (NSA, White House) are putting on the adoption of memory safe programming languages. I've pitched the idea to our contact at STM last year, and haven't heard back so far.

As I've argued before embedded development is ripe for a sudden change of pace. Fatma, one of our most talented engineers said we should stop calling ourselves Embedded Developers and use the term Developers. Couldn't agree more.