Meta-prompting

A technique I use often with LLMs is meta-prompting

Meta-prompting essentially uses the LLM to generate the prompt for the specific task that I require. This can be one shot or conversational, in any case I always ask for options so I can use the LLM to fully explore the space as opposed to constrain myself to whichever corner the LLM tuck itself into the first time. I might then choose one of the prompt exactly or mix them up.

Example of one shot: write 5 prompts to produce a summary of <topic> so that I can gain a broad understanding of it

Conversational instead takes more than one turn, for example: my goal is to have a broad understanding of <topic>. I want you to generate 5 prompts that help me achieve this task.
I want you to ask me all the questions that you can come up with and use the answers to fine tune the prompts

Popular posts

Opengrep quickstart

From 0 to ZFS replication in 5m with syncoid