Since I could not find a quickstart to run opengrep with the full set of rules from their fork I thought I'd document what I found out. Setup Download the opengrep binary from github and make it executable with chmod +x . Clone the rules repo: git clone git@github.com:opengrep/opengrep-rules.git and clean it up to make it usable to opengrep: cd opengrep-rules rm -rf ".git",".github",".pre-commit-config.yaml", "elixir", "apex" find . -type f -not -iname "*.yaml" -delete rm -rf .github rm -rf .pre-commit-config.yaml Ensure opengrep can load the rules with: opengrep_manylinux_x86 validate . The same can be done for custom rules maintained in a separate repository. AFAIU Multiple repositories can be specified by repeating -f option as needed, see below. We are now ready to scan a repo, from the repo root directory run: opengrep_manylinux_x86 scan \ -f <path_to>/opengrep-rules \ --error \ --exclude-rule=VAL some ti...
Once again , some supremely well-thought and useful content from Oxide: https://rfd.shared.oxide.computer/rfd/0576 This time it is about the use of LLMs within Oxide , here are my main take aways: start from values ! A phenomenal example of how values can be so much more than the vanity checklist that most companies use them for focus on the receiving end : why should I spend time reading something that the author did not think was worth enough spending the necessary time to write it? Again, goes back to their strongly writing-oriented culture and values corollary of item number 2: self review AI-generated code before asking others to review it!
I am too jumping on the standing desk bandwagon. I first gave it a try using a support on the table and once I felt the benefit (I felt more creative and focused) I decided to make the move. After all you can still use a standing desk as a normal desk. I first tried buying one from the usual, US-based, suspects but it can be hard to figure out the cost of shipping and then I'd also have to manage import which has never been too fun the rare times I had to (fyi: you must send a bloody fax. In 2017!). So I looked around and found some good looking stuff from Italian manifacturers, but the prices are omg! So I searched Amazon and of course, there it was . It is from a German vendor who is in fact reselling products from Actiforce . I know people using Actiforce and they are happy with it so I bought it.