- download and unpack the logstash version you are using or planning to use
- check if there is an rspec file in the bin directory. It's only present in older releases and you're probably not gonna find it. Don't despair, it's not gone, simply it's been removed from binary packages. Fetch it from github, and make it executable
- now I'll assume your logstash config lives in a conf.d directory: create a spec directory at the same level. You should now have conf.d and spec at the same level
- in spec drop a test specification, like the one below
- test your specs with the following command:
Enjoy :-) No need to install ruby, jruby whatever. Adjust for Windows by getting the rspec.bat file instead.